The Speech and Language Therapists (SALT) support and facilitate children who need help in the following areas:
- being understood by others,
- forming sentences,
- communicating in different ways e.g. using signs or symbols,
- learning to use a communication aid effectively,
- developing social skills,
- eating and drinking.
The work of the SALT team may also include:
giving advice to staff and parents,
- providing written reports,
- offering advice on the most appropriate communication for children,
- working with teachers to facilitate opportunities for communication,
- liaising with professionals at meetings and case conferences,
- providing communication aims and guidelines,
- organising group or individual activities to be supported at home and school.
Click here for further details regarding the work of SALT Team.
Penn Hall also leads the team across the whole of Wolverhampton that specialises in Augmentative and Alternative Communication. Click here for more information.