Massage is a natural and enjoyable therapy with no negative side effects. It can be either a relaxing or stimulating experience. It brings many therapeutic benefits to children who have a wide range of disabilities and health problems.
We offer one-to-one massage therapy sessions for our children within the school environment and also in our residential setting.
How it can help:
The benefits of regular therapy sessions with massage and aromatherapy helps to promote deep relaxation and the health and well-being of our children.
Some of the many benefits and responses;
- Chronic pain relief
- Reduced muscle tension and stiffness
- Encourages greater flexibility and range of movement
- Improves poor muscle tone caused by reduced mobility
- Improves circulation
- Aids and improves digestion
- Regular abdominal massage helps prevent constipation
- Empowers them to make choices and express their feelings
- Improves concentration
- Enables them to feel good about themselves, raising self-esteem and confidence
- Teaches them the difference between positive, healthy touch and inappropriate touch
The benefits extend beyond each session by reducing stress and anxiety, improving sleep and promoting calm behaviour in-between sessions.