The curriculum at Penn Hall School takes learners from 3 to 19 years of age on a journey that begins with the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) through to appropriate accreditation routes that include ASDAN, Entry level and GCSE qualifications. Whilst the National Curriculum underpins the School curriculum, a range of pedagogical strategies and approaches are applied across the whole age range to meet the personalised needs of all learners. Opportunities are provided to develop pupils understanding, learning, skills and independence where appropriate. Underlying aims include the development of a positive, respectful and tolerant ethos that incorporates British Values.
The curriculum embedded at Penn Hall School takes account of the individual abilities and needs of our learners. Our curriculum provides pupils and students with the opportunity to develop and learn within a supportive environment and foster
positive attitudes to learning that lead to success and achievement. Furthermore, the curriculum takes into account gender, cultural diversity and special needs. Close working with the multi-disciplinary team ensures an integrated and holistic approach to educating the whole child.
Our aims are:
- To have a curriculum that is fit for purpose, offering differentiation and personalisation
- To nurture the talents and skills of all pupils regardless of ability
- To provide breadth and balance of learning areas and experiences
- To provide learning opportunities relevant to pupils experience, aptitude and interest
- To provide opportunities to promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
- To prepare students for their journey beyond Penn Hall, applying functional skills as far as possible
- To foster an understanding and appreciation of the world of work
- To challenge pupils to achieve their potential
- To encourage our pupils to be a good and valued citizens and to prepare for life in modern Britain
Click on the link to view our Curriculum Policy 2017-2018
For further information on the curriculum, please contact the school office.
Individual subject overviews are available by following the following link: